- This week has been all about brainstorming and working on how to develop the resources needed in 2016 in order for RUSC Kinship Mentoring to be a sustainable youth mentoring organization in Stevens County. These are some of the ways you we hope to do that in the coming months:
- We are working on developing a Fund Development committee. We welcome any community members interested in supporting RUSC Kinship Mentoring through resource/fund development to attend our Fund Development meeting at the RUSC Kinship Mentoring office on December 2nd at 5pm (located at 215 Atlantic Ave, Morris).
- We are sending out our first monthly newsletter on December 7th via email! Please let us know if you would like to ensure that you are included on that mailing list or sign up at www.rusckinship.org.
- We will be celebrating National Mentoring Month in January which will include a public awareness campaign and capital campaign.
- We are putting together a Giving Program that outlines specific needs of our organization and perks of contributing for donors in our community.
- We are still working on nailing down our Activities Calendar for 2016 which will outline monthly Kinship sponsored activities throughout Stevens County for our mentors and mentees. We plan to distribute this calendar in January 2016 indicating our first monthly activity which will take place in January!
- This week we interviewed an impressive couple who will become mentors, as well as scheduled an interview in the coming week with a second couple to be mentors and a parent and young person interested in building a relationship with a mentor!
- With 9 mentors and 5 youth mentees all ready to be matched, we FINALLY have some strong options for matching and are very excited to start the conversations to begin matching. We hope to introduce you all to our 1st match in our December Newsletter so keep an eye out for it!
- Next week the RUSC Kinship Mentoring office will be closed on Tuesday, November 24, 26, & 27. Please contact Andrea at email@example.com to schedule an appointment or stop by on Monday or Wednesdaty between 9am and 4pm.