- We maintain contact with all of our mentors and mentees' parents each month to make sure they feel supported and to monitor their relationships. This week we got to chat with a few of our mentors and parents. Some of the things our matches have enjoyed doing together so far have been:
- Enjoying a meal together
- Playing dolls
- Window Shopping
- Baking Cupcakes
- Sled Riding
- As always, we continue to work on grant proposals and fundraising events.
- A fundraising event in particular that we are very excited about will be coming up on February 13th in Morris. A group of local home businesses and vendors is organizing a quarter raffle fundraising event to benefit RUSC Kinship Mentoring. Keep an eye out for more details about RUSC Kinship Mentoring' Quarter Kraze! coming soon.
- Thursday, January 14th is national " I am a Mentor" Day. Keep an eye out for our mentors in the community wearing an " I am a Mentor" sticker. This is a great day to ask them about their experience as a mentor. We are also seeking passionate individuals, couples and families who are interested in becoming mentors.
- Our office will be closed on Thursday, January 14th through Monday, January 18th. In case of an emergency or urgent matter contact Jeanne at 320-585-RUSC.
- We are looking forward to our open house events coming up next week! We will have refreshments, trivia with the chance to win a door prize, children's activities and lots of information about our program. Don't forget to stop out and see us.