Here are some of the highlights of projects we have been working on this week:
- Promoting our Quarter Kraze Event coming up on Saturday, February 13th from 10am to 1pm at the Morris American Legion. All are welcome to attend the event, shop our vendors, but you must purchase a paddle ticket in order to participate in the raffle. Tickets are available by contacting a RUSC Kinship Board Member or our office. Tickets purchased in advance are $4 and at the door are $5.
- This week we interviewed a new mentor who is all ready for training then will be ready to be matched!
- Now that all of our youth are matched with mentors we are working on a plan to raise awareness among families who have children who may be interested in participating in the program. We stand firm that mentoring is a great opportunity to meet new people, learn new things, grow your network and become more connected to your community.
- Next week we will be at the Chokio-Alberta school during parent/teacher conferences.
- We are also working on setting up displays to be at each of the schools in the county to make sure that information is accessible to families.
- We are also working on finding some folks interested in helping us get our documents translated into Spanish to ensure that our program is inclusive.
- This Saturday our mentors and mentees will be attending a Pajama Party hosted by the students of Lutheran Campus Ministries at UMM. They have planned an activity for us, we will be having pizza together and watching a movie. It should be a great time! We are thankful to LCM for welcoming us.
Until next week,