- Our Quarter Kraze event was a great success thanks to all of those who participated, planned and attended the event. We greatly appreciate your support and plan to put the $972 raised to work right away.
- Some of the new projects we have been working on this week have been ways to recruit both volunteer mentors and share the program with families! At this point all of our youth are matched and in order to grow we need to do some more work to reach families and recruit volunteers. Some of the ways we've been doing this are:
- We had some posters printed with details about becoming a mentor. We would like to hang these in public areas of businesses and break rooms. If you would like one for your work place or office, please let us know!
- We designed and printed some new brochures that will make enrolling youth a quicker process and help parents understand the program better.
- We have also created a display that will be put up in the lobby of each of the schools in Stevens County for about a week each to help parents understand the program and make information, enrollment forms and mentor applications accessible.
- We want to make sure that our program is accessible and inclusive so, we are working with a generous volunteer to have our enrollment forms translated into Spanish.
- As a new non-profit organization, we are always thinking about the next way to have the build the resources to be sustainable and to grow so, not letting any dust settle our fundraising committee met this week to begin working on the details for our spring fundraising event. We are seeking volunteers who are interested in helping us plan this event and others!
- We have also been doing some grant searching and have found a couple grants that we will be working on proposals for in the next month.
Busy, busy, busy...
Until Next Week,